The global ophthalmic drugs market is anticipated grow moderately, at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025). Visual impairments have increased across the world, owing to a multitude of factors. Varying in degree, visual impairments are a global health concern, affecting individuals physically and psychologically.
For detailed insights on enhancing your product footprint, request for a sample here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4799
It is estimated that around 25% of the American population will suffer from cataract by 2020 while diabetic retinopathy patients will rise by nearly 20%. As a consequence, the demand for ophthalmic drugs is increasing. Moreover, rising FDA approvals for different drugs, such as Shire’s Xiidra, a lymphocyte function associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist, are leveraging market prospects.
Key Takeaways of Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market Study:
- By disease indication, the retinal disorders segment is set to dominate the ophthalmic drugs market. A burgeoning pool of retinal disorder patients is projected to leverage the segment’s market share. It is estimated that the number of people afflicted by age-related macular degeneration (AMD) hall reach 288 million by 2040. Projected market share of retinal disorders segment is pegged at 4.7% in the forecast period.However, the glaucoma segment is set to soar in popularity. This is attributed to a rising pool of glaucoma patients and the presence of important glaucoma drug manufacturers such as Pfizer and Novartis. The glaucoma segment is set to grow staggeringly at a CAGR of 3.5%, capturing two-fifth of the market.
For critical insights on this market, request for methodology here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RM&rep_id=4799
- By therapeutic class, the anti-glaucoma drugs segment is prophesied to capture a major chunk of the global ophthalmic drugs market. This is attributed to increasing prevalence, higher inclination towards combination methods and rising initiatives for treatment penetration. Also, industrial focus on development of glaucoma treatment drugs shall leverage the segment’s growth. Anticipated CAGR for anti-glaucoma drugs is 3.3% and a market share of over two-fifths.
- By product type, over-the-counter drugs (OTC) segment is anticipated to be the most attractive of the global ophthalmic drugs market. OTC drugs are suitable for the treatment of seasonal infections such as conjunctivitis and dry eyes. These drugs also offer relatively short duration treatment. The OTC drugs segment shall dominate the global ophthalmological drugs market, accounting for more than half of the total market share.
- By distribution channel, independent pharmacies and drug stores are anticipated to expand rapidly at a CAGR of 4.8%, capturing a market share of more than half the total ophthalmological drugs market. The high growth rate is due to its convenience, security, electronic payment technology and a wide range of available medications and services.
For in-depth competitive analysis, buy now – https://www.factmr.com/checkout/4799/S
- By region, North America shall capture almost two-fifth of the global ophthalmological drugs market during the forecast period. This is attributed to high cost of prescription drugs and presence of key market players such as Novartis AG and F. Hoffmann- La Roche, Ltd. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to expand modestly at a CAGR of 4.9%, attributed to increase in funding for research and presence of key market players in the wake of a large patient pool.
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market Segmentation
Fact.MR has studied the global ophthalmic drugs market with detailed segmentation on the basis of disease indication, therapeutic class, product type, distribution channels and regions.
|Dry Eye||Anti-inflammatory Drugs:
|Prescription Drugs||Hospital Pharmacies||North America|
|OTC Drugs||Online Pharmacies||Europe|
|Independent Pharmacies & Drug Stores||Asia Pacific|
|Anti-allergy Drugs||Latin America|
|Allergy||Anti-VEGF Drugs||Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
For comprehensive insights on this market adoption, ask an analyst here – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=4799
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Leading Players to Constitute Three-fifths of the Market
The global ophthalmic drugs market is consolidated. The top four players constitute more than three-fifths of the market. These players are Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., ALLERGAN and Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. These companies primarily concentrate on developing new drugs and innovating their development formula.
For example, Santen Pharmaceutical Co. and Singapore Eye Research Institute announced a strategic, five-year extended collaboration to develop new technologies for unmet medical needs in key ophthalmological domains in 2017. The company manufactures prescription drugs for corneal, retinal and glaucoma diseases, which include Diquas, Tapros, Alesion and Eylea. Novartis AG, another player, integrates new products into its existing pipeline of drugs. It specializes in innovative medicines and includes ophthalmic drugs products like Lucentis and Travoprost.
Explore Fact.MR’s Comprehensive Coverage on Healthcare Landscape
Medical Grade Silicone Market Forecast, Trend, Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2020 to 2030: https://www.factmr.com/report/5439/medical-grade-silicone-market
Diabetes Diagnostics Market Forecast, Trend, Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2020 to 2030: https://www.factmr.com/report/5446/diabetes-diagnostics-market
Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market Forecast, Trend, Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2020 to 2030: https://www.factmr.com/report/5453/dermatology-diagnostic-devices-market
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583